It was a wonderful weekend to take in a movie and surprisingly it must have been one for the family as Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs tops the September 18th, 2009 weekend box office. Check out the top ten movies and their grosses below.
Granted movies directed towards kiddos and their families generally do pretty well, however to basically destroy the competition is somewhat hard to do, especially with big name actors and actresses debuting their new flicks as well.
Over thirty million dollars was raked in by Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, putting Matt Damon’s The Informant and Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself to shame with each bringing in ten million a piece. And apparently Megan Fox’s recent outbursts aimed towards her director of Transformers may have cost her a few million as Jennifer’s Body came in with a measly six million. I must also add my sincere condolences to Jennifer Aniston for debuting her flick Love Happens at eight million. This just goes to show that family flicks rule!
1. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: $30.1 million
2. The Informant!: $10.5 million
3. Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself: $10 million
4. Love Happens: $8.4 million
5. Jennifer’s Body: $6.8 million
6. 9: $5.4 million
7. Inglorious Basterds: $3.6 million
8. All About Steve: $3.4 million
9. Sorority Row: $2.4 million
10. The Final Destination: $2.3 million
Were you one of the many who checked out Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs this weekend? If so, what did you think?