Sarah Palin Affair?

September 3, 2008
By

Did Sarah Palin have an affair? That’s what the National Enquirer is sort of alleging, but sort of not. See photos and video of Sarah below.

Of course, we must consider the source of this allegation that Sarah Palin had an affair which turns out was apparently the Obama campaign itself. The National Enquirer, supermarket tabloid extraordinaire, alleges sort of that Palin might have had an affair with her husband’s business partner based on a tip. Who says so and why?

Turns out upon examination that the story is based on an anonymous source which the paper itself describes as an “incredible charge” by someone who appears to be a well-connected insider. The story may have come down to someone in the Obama campaign feeding the Enquirer a line. Their disclaimer that the charge was not credible did not pacify Sarah Palin’s team who are going to make a political issue out of media bias and dirty tricks from the Obama campaign.

McCain adviser Steve Schmidt said earlier today:

“The smearing of the Palin family must end. The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Gov. Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false. It is a vicious lie.”

The McCain camp has denied the Palin affair rumor, and is threatening to sue the National Enquirer over these allegations. So far Obama himself remains silent.

The tabloid issued a statement to the Huffington Post, where they barely spoke of their allegations of the Sarah Palin affair but yet brought up issues not even related to this story, and spoke of their “exclusives on John Edwards” in the statement as well. The Enquirer has stated that they will have a more detailed report next week. Give me a break.

The issue also writes about Palin’s 17-year-old daughter Bristol, whose pregnancy was announced on Monday. An insider tells the tab that Palin wanted to announce her daughter’s pregnancy and that a wedding date was set before McCain publicly announced Palin as his running mate. That was nixed by the baby daddy, Levi Johnston, who refused with those plans.

Right Celebrity challenges Barack Obama to fire the campaign staffer who apparently put out this baseless rumor in the good old boy method of sexist partisan politics. What are your thoughts on this latest rumor of a Sarah Palin affair and who is making the allegations? Add your comments! More photos and video below.



« Previous Next »

90 Responses to “Sarah Palin Affair?”

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Show All

  1. 11
    clc Says:

    and to Boris’s deep throat advice of “follow the money” … the money is with Republicans and big business since we have no middle class anymore b/c of Bush and the Republican party who would rather mock peoples needs and be nasty than have a real conversation about what this country needs. Here’s a fact: Mccain DID pick Palin after 15-20 min meeting ONE time. “Country First?” Nope. Politics as usual.

  2. 12
    Moderate Red Says:

    Turns out that wishing it was an Obama supporter isn’t the same as it being true, go figure.

  3. 13
    Jedeki Says:

    According to friends in Alaska, the rumors of the affair and questioning the parentage of her 4 month old son are several months old and were started by her Alaska Republican opponents, not the Obama campaign.

  4. 14
    Sickening Says:

    Your insinuation that this news was fed by the Obama campaign is as repulsive as the possibility of the enquirer story being a lie. What proof do you have? The republicans ability to lie and spin the truth never ceases the amaze me. I hate the idea of a family being torn apart but I almost hope this story is true so the GOP can be taught a solid lesson on what it really means to make uninformed “maverick” decisions.

  5. 15
    VP Says:

    Please. The Obama campaign had nothing to do with the affair rumor. Obama and the team probably cares less about what Palin do or didn’t do. They are focused on the issues and where she and John McCain stands on them period. Get your facts straight. How could one minute the source be annoymous and then you say in the next breath Obama put it out there. You are obviously a lie starter!

  6. 16
    Will Richards Says:

    “The story apparently comes down to someone in the Obama campaign feeding the Enquirer a line.”

    Where’s the source for this statement?

  7. 17
    Trudy Says:

    Revealing truth is not a smear. I am looking forward to Palin getting caught in her lies.

  8. 18
    Boris Says:

    Sorry if I have offended you crybaby liberals .

    This woman has had more scrutiny in four days than BHO has had in 18 months. The major media treats him with kid gloves and never holds him to the fire.

    There is something very wrong with a senator running for the Presidency that does not mention anything he has ever accomplished as a senator but keeps refering to the fact that he was a ‘community organizer’ whatever that is!

    What about Rev.Wright – He attended this church for 20 years and didn’t realize that the guy is a total loon. If that’s the case then he’s too stupid to be president which I don’t believe to be true. So I am left to conclude that he buys into what Wright stands for and is putting on an act for the American people.

    What about Ayers? What about Resko? This guy has a backet of dark secrets that the major media for whatever reason refuses to put under the spotlight!

    But don’t worry, if it ever does come up BHO will just put them under the bus. Survival at any cost. No Integrity!

    If I were Joe Biden, I would get that VP thing in writing or start wearing a dress.

  9. 19
    JeffofOH Says:

    The odds are now 7:1 that Palin will drop out of the race, according to InTrade. And that was before the “rumors” about her extramarital affair were published. I guess when John McCain tried last Monday to “flush the toilet” (as a senior adviser to Ms. Palin put it) of all the Palin rumors, he should have held the handle down a little longer. I just sent another contribution to Obama, because McCain really needs to be stopped. Another decision like the Palin VP choice, and we are all doomed.

  10. 20
    Boris Says:

    Oh JeffofOH:

    Learn how to read intrade. It reads that the is a 7.1% chance that Sarah Palin will drop out. That says to me that there is a 92.9% chance that she stays in. Nice try anyway!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Show All