Soap Dish: Fire Breaks Out At Home Of General Hospital’s Maurice Benard

June 11, 2012
By

It is Soap Dish time again my friends and today I am dishing about some breaking news. There was reportedly a fire at the home of General Hospital’s Maurice Benard.

TMZ broke the story and Maurice’s wife Paula has taken to Twitter to confirm that there was a small fire at the Benard home located in Temecula, CA. Thankfully the fire like I said was small and no one was hurt. It apparently started in the bathroom room when a towel was left over a light fixture. Firefighters were called to extinguish the flames. The fire broke out around 10:30am PST.

Now you may be asking yourself why this news is Soap Dish worthy, well because Maurice rocks and I have my two cents on this topic. I mean come on if TMZ picked up the story then I would say it is Soap Dish worthy. I am pleased that the Benard family is doing just fine. A fire is a scary thing no matter how big or small it may be and this one is no exception.

There is no word on whether or not the actor was home at the time or actually if anyone besides his wife Paula was home. I have to admit when I first read the news on TMZ I kind of freaked out thinking something happened to Maurice or something. If anyone would have been hurt it would have been a tragedy.

That is pretty much all the info we have about the fire but before I sign off for this weeks edition of Soap Dish, I just want to sing the praises of Maurice. I love him on GH. He is amazing as Sonny, put him with any character and he has awesome chemistry. I know some GH fans would like a Port Charles without Sonny but not me he is one of my favorites and I thought I would take the time now to give a shout out to Maurice.

Until the next time Soap Dish fans!

Photos by: Wenn/Nikki Nelson

 





 



« Previous Next »

Comments are closed.