There are so many pregnant women in Hollywood these days that I figured a salute to some of the most interesting names that have been used was in order. So keep reading for my list of the the top 10 celebrity baby names from the last year!
Now, these are not all necessarily good, names, rather I went with a top 10 that includes bad as well. These are the 10 that have stood out to me over the past year. There will be a bunch more newborns as this year goes on, and maybe they will learn from this list!
10. Harper Grace – Is a pretty and unique name and is a very special baby that will be loved a lot by adoptive parents Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka!
9. Abraham Selassie Robert Nesta – Though the first name is standard, the others added with it make it worth mentioning. Ziggy and Orley Agai Marley chose this for their third child and it fits right in with their others.
8. Winter Morgan – Gretchen Mol and Tod Williams had their baby in winter and maybe that is how they chose the name. We have seen season name before and I think it’s nice!
7. Phyllon Joy – This is the son of Doutzen Kroes and Sunnery James and is pronounced fill-en?! Not sure if it has a deep meaning but it sounds a little odd.
6. Draco – Danika McKeller’s first baby may have been named after the constellation, but who won’t think of him in reference to the conniving Harry Potter character?
5. Coco Reese – I haven’t decided if this is weird or nice. Musician Tony Kanal and his girlfriend had their girl in January and went with this different kind of name for their first child.
4. Stella Zavala – This name I LOVE! I had to put some more bizarre ones ahead of it, but for a girl’s name Matt Damon and his wife did a great job!
3. Egypt – Will the new trend be naming kids after countries? Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz went with this unique name and it has been very popular. It is believed the country has meant a lot to her and that is why she chose it.
2. Ever – Why not choose “Future” or “Happy?” Alanis Morissette’s son was born in December and with a name like this it will be remembered for”Ever.”
And by a landslide, the most interesting choice in the past year was…
1. Buddy Bear – There was no contest for putting this at number one! The British chef Jamie Oliver and his wife Jools have kept with their tradition of naming kids “weird” names. They already have Daisy Boo and Poppy Honey. Congrats!
Well there you have it! Not all stars name their kids very unique names, but the ones that do will surely be remembered (i.e Blanket). What do you think about these top 10 celebrity baby names? Do you know one that I left off? Sound off in the comment section below!
Photos: www.wenn.com/Apega, Starbux, PNP, Mr Blue, FayesVision